welcome to the lost farm...

Friday, August 6, 2010

half of the extension floor...


extension floor, originally uploaded by storyallegory.

So, the extension is coming along much slower than i had anticipated. First, i had no money, then, i had to wait for cud and I to cut down a gigantic tree, now, i'm just frustrated with trying to level the block foundation... by myself. I don't know if you've ever tried to lift a 12 by 12 floor and move it by yourself, but it's impossible. I need help. We have lots of houseguests coming and going, but very little help. And Cud's always working, it's rarely daylight when he's home, so I can't ask him for help.
I'm also getting to the point where I'm pretty sure I don't want to see another houseguest for the rest of the summer after this wave coming up. I think this one might be my breaking point. Pat and Ellen and their dog (who piston, MY dog, doesn't like) PLUS hiker and his friend, hiker's dysfunctional dog Domino (who apparently is doing better) and his friends dog as well. And Reece and Travis are still staying with us. Making a grand total of 5 dogs, 8 people, and a rabbit in a 10 by 16 cabin. hmm.... should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment