welcome to the lost farm...

Thursday, December 16, 2010

milestones.

1. Stopped biting my lip.
I know this doesnt seem like a big deal, but five years ago it was this horrible habit i had. Id get stressed, and start chewing. Id chew and chew until my lower lip would bleed. Then it would start to heal over, all white and filmy, and id chew that off. Over and over. It was a mechanism for dealing with stress, like how i bite my nails, only worse. And it hurt. It would hurt soo bad when id start chewing, but i think the pain was reassuring somehow.
Its been five years. Thats something.
2. Panic attacks. I used to let everything build and build til i would just lose it. If start hyperventilating. Crying. I felt like i couldnt even speak.
Ten years.
3. Fear of commitment. I used to break up with every partner at the eight month mark. Religiously. It was a subconscious pattern i think. It took me a while to see what i was doing, and it took me even longer to stop and think before i ran.
Six years.

When times get rough, somwtimes its good to remind yourself how far youve come.

1 comment: