welcome to the lost farm...

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

fall to winter

I'm feeling a time for new beginnings right now. I\ve been frantically continuing my search for a new house for Matt and i. One where Jack (his son) can have his own room. Where we have no roommates. Where i can have plants that won't die. At the same time, i've begun my search for an all-ages venue/et al. location. If the basement house fully disbands from this move, i really want to open something more permanent. Somewhere real. Ideally it'll have shows, but i'll also rent it out as a jam space. Hopefully i'll find a place cheap enough that i can actually break even on it. So far, i've had shitty luck with both places. No one will rent to Matt and I because we have two dogs. And no one will rent a commercial space to me for music cause well, it's loud. And so, the hunt continues.

On other fronts, i got a raise and a promotion at work. Which makes me feel good (naturally). It's a pretty huge raise, and I officially run every aspect of Baba's. Including booking all the bands. So far so good.
As far as the rest of life goes, things are good. I (well, my doctor really) realized I have some sort of cooch-allergy. Maybe to soap, but most likely it's a latex allergy.I've never been so frustrated with contraception in my life. I don't want to mess with my hormones and go on the pill, or injections, or anything like that. I can\t get an IUD because i'm prone to yeast infections, and now i'm allergic to latex. One million dollars later, I have finally purchased some non-latex condoms. Gave em a whirl. I'll keep you posted.
Nothing is more upsetting than having an upset vegina. they're so sensitive, i always joke to Matt about how it's its own ecosystem down there. And Matt's the first partner i've used only condoms with. Which i'm guessing is why i wouldn't have known there may be an allergy. Nevertheless, here we are. And hopefully this will work it out. I must say that I did notice a difference right away with the poly condoms. Definitely makes sex better when you don't feel kinda icky afterwards. I could really get used to this.

So, Matt and I ended up not celebrating our two year anniversary. However, we are going to celebrate Uncle's one year anniversary. I find that commical, and appropriate. We are doing amazingly. Especially considering how stressful trying to move has been. I have some things i need to work on i think, but he's a very patient person. I'm pretty lucky.

I forgot to update with a photo from my garden this year. I will say, it was a huge success. everything was ginormous. my only real failure was my broccolli. again. It just bolts right away. But, everything else grew (zucz, lettuce, leeks, onions, peppers, and so on) wonderfullyl. The amazing summer really made it impossible to fail. I do have some picture somewhere, i'll try and post some.



No comments:

Post a Comment